Sunday, February 06, 2011

Quote(s) of the Day

Ah, George. He was doing so well in the meeting, too, until he saw the sacrament trays with the bread--now mind you, the first time we let him have some was last week, but HE REMEMBERED, and started screaming at the deacons, louder and louder, to try to get them to bring him some. I had to take him out, with everybody smiling at me--they know how he is. Anyway, when I brought him back in, he immediately started screeching again, in the hopes that I would take him back out. The Dad handed him to The Eldest, and told her to take him out.

It was a lovely meeting from where we were.

When she came back in after the meeting was over, she handed him to me and said, "Your son is impossible to control," and then she turned around and left. I immediately thought of my friend Dan Patrick's catch phrase:

"You can't stop him, you can only hope to contain him."

Yeah. It's like that. Exactly.

2 comments:

Part Time Politician said...

I am just jealous I never learned how to get out of Church so fast....

Sarah said...

This reminds me of how peaceful my meeting was. It was the first time in three weeks Rocky and I have been to church together. He took E out 15 minutes in and they never came back. It was so nice.

A