Monday, February 28, 2011

George, in the Bathroom, with the Toilet

Yes. The adventures continue. Just let me know when you get tired of these stories.

This morning I could hear splashing (as usual--why can't we keep the doors to the bathrooms shut?) coming from the bathroom. I walked in to see George, trying to shove an inflated balloon into the toilet. It was hilarious, because, obviously, it wasn't sinking like everything else he throws in, and he was getting frustrated. He just kept pushing harder and harder, and the balloon kept popping up. I started laughing, which made him jump in the way that he does when he gets caught doing something he shouldn't be doing. (Then he usually does this little run in place and in circles move, like he is trying to run away but is so flustered because he got caught, he can't actually move forward to get anywhere--he looks like a cartoon character.)

I removed the balloon from the toilet, to find his favorite book about Jesus floating in the water--ruined. Sad, sad, sad.

And here is a video from last week. At the beginning, you will see him splashing around, and then he quickly stands up straight for a minute--if you look close, you can tell he is drinking water off the object he has dipped in the toilet. It was the sound of slurping that alerted me to the fact that he was in the toilet again.

I still get nauseous thinking of how long I just stood there, allowing the "fun" to continue in order to document the whole thing (shudder.):


1 comment:

AllisonK said...

Toilet fun is rampant at our house as well, but I'm not a good enough mom to document it. Yucky. Of course his smile is delightful