Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Do you know what is annoying?

What is annoying is when you are pulling laundry out of the dryer and you realize someone has left a tube of Chapstick in his/her pocket. How is this realized? By the spots of grease all over people's clothes and the empty tube found in the bottom of the dryer.

Do you know what is more annoying than realizing that someone has left a tube of Chapstick in his/her pocket?

Realizing someone has left a foil-covered chocolate Easter egg in his pocket. This is realized by not only grease stains on all of the clothes, but brown spots to go with. Also, finding the shrunken, smooshed, chocolate-y foil ball at the bottom of the dryer.

Believe it or not, there is something even more annoying than realizing someone has left a foil-covered chocolate Easter egg in his pocket. Do you know what that is?

It is when the VERY NEXT batch you pull out of the dryer also has grease stains and brown spots, and you think to yourself WHAT IN THE WORLD IS GOING ON AROUND HERE? I HAVE 5 MORE BATCHES TO DO BEFORE WE LEAVE TOMORROW AND I NOW HAVE TO SOAK NOT ONE, BUT TWO WHOLE BATCHES TO TRY TO REMOVE WHAT WILL BE IMPOSSIBLE TO REMOVE, UNLESS I WANT TO SPRAY AND SCRUB EVERY SINGLE SPOT ON EVERY SINGLE PIECE OF CLOTHING! I DO NOT HAVE TIME FOR THIS!. And then you look into the dryer, trying to find the errant chocolate-foil ball that must have hidden somewhere in the dryer from the last batch (so that it could ruin the next batch); because what are the odds that someone ELSE would leave a foil covered chocolate Easter egg in her pocket?

As it turns out, the odds are pretty good. Sure enough, I found another foil ball, still in the pocket, of a DIFFERENT person's clothing.

(The first person, like a good husband should, admitted to having an Easter egg in his pocket. The second person has yet to be accosted, because she is at the Jr. High right now.)

I think I will throw away those two batches of clothes and ban all Easter candy this year.

7 comments:

Tammy and Alvin said...

Man! I get annoyed when someone leaves a tissue in their pocket. I can't imagine how I would react to chocolate. Good luck! Have fun on your trip, wherever you're going.

Brett and Lex said...

Hahah Sher! I can't tell you how many times my mom has yelled down the stairs to me "ALEXIS!!! You forgot to clean out your pockets AGAIN!!" Now that I am the one doing laundry I realize how frustrating that must have been for her!

Maria said...

I'm pretty sure that this was one of the reasons that we had to start doing our own laundry at the age of 12.

Neal said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Neal said...

Easy Sher! Things could be MUCH worse!

Alyosha said...

Poor you! At least it made for a hilarious blog post!

Unknown said...

Aaargh- I HATE that. It drives me nuts. We find all sorts of odd things in our laundry.