Wednesday, October 28, 2009

and the baby in the belly
did the disco in the darkness
while the mommy on the mattress
was supposed to be sleeping.

and the mommy said,

"baby in my belly,
i'm delighted that you're dancing!
--but i would sleep much sounder
if you discoed in the daytime."

"maybe a slow waltz for night?"

so the baby in the belly
did the bouncing baby boogie--
which didn't feel much different
to the mommy on the mattress

who laughed

and rubbed her happy belly
and thought of things to come.

10 comments:

Heidi said...

LOVE this! Can't wait for pictures. Good luck these last few weeks...

AllisonK said...

This is delightful Sherry!!!

Nessa Burt said...

Sher, sounds like me too!! This baby never stops kicking me, and night is his FAVORITE time. Feel like I haven't slept in weeks. Naughty babies :)

Brett and Lex said...

Sounds like this one is gonna be energetic like the other 3!! :) Can't wait to meet this little baby! :)

Unknown said...

Cute cute cute!

beba said...

i love the bouncing baby

talonandanna said...

ooooo, so fun, can't wait to meet the new babe! :)

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

Mother, I think your poem is clever! Love, Bean

Unknown said...

You are very talented. I can't say that I miss the dances in the tummy, but I can say that he definitely has a strong kick. I'm amazed he never popped out. Good luck these last weeks. YOU CAN DO IT! We are thinking of you.

bonita said...

Did you really write that poem? You're a genius!