Monday, November 16, 2009

Smile!

My baby smiled at me shortly after he was born. Eyes open and everything. This is a hard thing to prove, because it doesn't generally happen--and, I have to say, I wasn't sure it was "real"--you know newborns--other things can cause a "smile." But then he did it a few more times, just for me, the past couple of days, and I started to think he knew what he was doing. Still, no other witnesses, so no proof.

Today, however, he decided to show a few other people. New Dad grabbed the camera. Without further ado, weighing in currently at 6 lbs. 2 oz., and not quite 3 full days old....BABY! (who doesn't have a full name yet):

I think he is happy to be here (and, I hope, happy that I'm his mommy).



Oh, how I love that baby!

11 comments:

Sarah said...

He's so cute! We've been wanting to come down and meet him but Eliot has a runny nose so I think we better stay away for a few days.

Alyosha said...

Wow! He looks thrilled to be alive. Adorable.

AllisonK said...

That is so darling!!! Love his smile.

TempleRick said...

No way! So adorable! This is awesome, Sher.

Brett and Lex said...

HE SMILES?! Oh my goodness!! I'd say he's happy to be here AND happy that you are his MOM! :)

Super Pi said...

Congratulations! He's definately happy to be out instead of in! And he knows that he came to the best family in the world and that you are the best Mom.

talonandanna said...

oh he's darling! a little 3 day old 'paul jr.' :) love the smiles! i would have believed you either way! :) LOVE YOU GUYS! let me know when your up for a visit!

Unknown said...

He is perfect. Love the pictures. Li was worried, cause he didn't quit have as much hair as Flash. She's already styling his. Can't wait to meet him. I hope he's worn his U onesie. :)

Ivan and Shelley said...

He is darling, congratulations! We are so excited for you guys.

Unknown said...

Oh my word! He is TOTALLY smiling. You got a good one! But so did he.

Karolyn said...

He's a beautiful baby. He looks very happy and should be to have you as his mom.