Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Disclaimer:

To those who are about to read the Mammoth Post on Morning Sickness (here’s a Mammoth Disclaimer), I’d just like to state that I realize this will be funnier to some people than it will to others.

Also, I’m not trying to villain-ize men; or women who don’t get sick when they are pregnant. I am TOTALLY JEALOUS of women who don’t get sick when they are pregnant, and I am also sympathetic to the plight of the husband of the sick pregnant woman. It is totally brutal on them, too—especially since they are pretty much helpless as far as making the sickness go away. (Knowing how men like to fix problems, I know that making the sickness go away would be the first thing they would do if they could.) A woman who has been sick for months can get a little, shall we say, “testy,” and may not be fun to be around all the time.

I asked Part-time Politician to read it before I posted it to get its “offensive-ness” rating. He didn’t find it offensive at all, but was more astonished and perplexed that I came up with the story in the middle of the night.

I always feel bad when I complain about the morning sickness because I don’t want people to think I don’t want to have a baby. I really, really do want to have the baby, and I am still excited about it. But as the weeks wear on, expressing myself about the morning sickness, and commiserating with other “sickies” seems to help. It is good for me to try to laugh about it, because otherwise a whole lot of (extra) crying would be going on.

So without further ado, what I came up with as I was suffering from 1st Trimester Insomnia last night between 2:15 a.m. and 5:00 a.m.; and was trying to figure the whole thing out:

No comments: