Friday, December 05, 2008

Caught in the Act!

The evidence:

The culprit (and more evidence):

"It wasn't me, I swear!
Look at my cute, innocent puppy face.
Does it look like I would kill a bird?"


The victim:

Thankfully (yet still extremely annoyingly), it wasn't a bird. It was one of my lovely feather trees.

Aside from a helpless, maimed bird and a dead bird, Chewy has yet to catch a real bird. Don't worry, we made him drop the maimed bird--luckily, he had just learned the "drop it" command at puppy school. In the case of the dead bird, I saw him rolling and rubbing his body all over something (dogs like to roll and rub themselves all over stinky things--it's like perfume for dogs). Sure enough, dead bird. I asked our good friend, "Leaf" to remove the bird with a shovel, and I gave Chewy a bath...when I had enough gumption to touch him.

The problem is, he really thinks he is a bird dog, and the scent of feathers is too much for him. This isn't the first feather tree he has attacked, although I usually catch him before he does so much damage.

No comments: