Friday, October 10, 2008

Blah, blah, blah Mo, Blah, blah, blah

This entry should actually go on this blog, but since I am not a contributor (although I do leave the occasional comment), I'm putting it here.

My daughter loves to babysit Princess and Mo and when she comes home she relays every cute or hilarious thing they say or do. This can sometimes take a long time, because as most of you know, Princess and Mo do and say many hilarious things.

This was my favorite from last night.

Mo wanted to wear flip flops outside, just like Princess (he worships her), so Babysitter told him he could if he would leave them on his feet and not take them off. He put them on and they all went outside. As soon as they got out there, Mo took off the flip flops and laughed. Babysitter put them back on, and Mo took them off again. The ensuing conversation went like this:

Babysitter: "Mo, you have to leave the flip flops on or we are going to have to put on different shoes."
Mo: (blank look)
Babysitter: "O.K. Mo? We will have to put on different shoes if you take them off again."
Mo: (smiles)
Princess, (who was probably watching with pity as this conversation went on), tries to help by offering this tidbit to Babysitter: "Oh--Mo doesn't understand words."


This is hilarious for more reasons than one. These two have a very funny relationship. Mo will do anything--anything for Princess, even take a beating from her without so much of a flinch, because he loves her so much. She tends to boss him around, and he follows her every whim. After hearing Princesses' telling comment, I started to wonder if she sees him as some sort of obedient pet.

I don't really think so, but it is always funny to see inside a 4-year old girl's mind as she relates to others in her life.

The other funny thing about this is the fact that Princess reminds us soooo much of Babysitter when she was that age. Very eloquent in speaking, also very profuse in speaking (still is, which is why it takes so long to hear about the adventures of Princess and Mo). Babysitter used to try boss me around when she was that age as well. Declaring things as they were--with no room for compromise: "Mommy, I am Anne of Green Gables and YOU are Yogurt (Gilbert), and you are going to rush in and save me, etc. etc. etc."

Hmmm...I wonder where Babysitter gets her profuseness in speaking? Can I post even a medium-sized entry, let alone short?

3 comments:

Alyosha said...

Wow! Another post! I almost fainted with the shock of it. And Derrick and I were both cracking up. So funny.

Maria said...

It's amazing what things are genetic...

beba said...

I write to request the posting of Sher as Sarah Pallin