Friday, March 07, 2008

Spring Fever!

The puppy has caught spring fever and has started to take every toy he owns, one by one, out of the house and into the yard. It makes for a lot of opening and shutting the door on our part.
There are two areas he has created (besides the "hidden"areas that he thinks we don't know about--he buries bones and rawhide under leaves in my flower beds. He thinks he is being sneaky by looking over his shoulder and checking to make sure no one is around. He forgets that just because we are in the house, doesn't mean that we can't see him through the window).

Area 1 is up on the grass where he can "throw" them around (amazingly, he can throw with his mouth) and then chase them down. Paul caught him taking a tennis ball to the top of the stairs by the pool, letting it bounce down the stairs, and then running after it. Over and over. He's smarter than we sometimes give him credit for.

You will notic
e to the right of the yellow bat, a used Influenza A kleenex...he carried this out too. Bleah.


Area 2 is his "just in case I have to take these back inside to play with them" spot. Right by the back door. These are toys that he sometimes "needs" inside for various reasons.







We all know how moving really wipes you out.

6 comments:

Alyosha said...

That's really cute. And I like him more now that I know some of his quirks.

AllisonK said...

He's a cute puppy!
Of course saying that does not mean if my children read this we will be getting a cute puppy.

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

Nice qualifier, Allison :). I can barely imagine what life is like over there with two babies and six other kids--let alone what it would be like to add a puppy into the mix.

Abs said...

I didn't know you had a blog! How come no one ever tells me when they get a blog? Is it because I leave millions of comments moments after you've posted? Oh well, too late now--you've been added to google reader!

Ice-Cold Goat's Milk said...

It's a conspiracy, Abs!

Unknown said...

You outed me too? I get it. We still think your puppy is cute. :)